Acrylic (PMMA) is a kind of plexiglass. Acrylic mirror panels are widely used in light boxes, signs, signs, display stands, etc. The light transmittance is good, the required light intensity is small, and the electric energy is saved; the impact resistance is strong, which is seventeen times that of ordinary glass; the maintenance is convenient, and it can also be recycled and reused.
Acrylic, as a chemical organic substance, must pay attention to its daily storage to ensure that its final use effect reaches the best state!
1.Storage precautions for acrylic mirror sheet
All acrylic mirror panels are covered with a protective film. Secure the acrylic sheet during transportation. During storage and processing, do not remove the protective film to prevent damage. Keep away from heat and humidity. The materials should be stored in a clean, dry, ventilated place with suitable temperature, and the original packaging is intact. Customer use should follow the following guidelines:
(1) The original packaging must be kept intact. Do not tear the protective film before use, because the dust in the air will be adsorbed on the surface of the sheet due to static electricity, and the protective film can also protect the acrylic mirror sheet from moving during the moving process. for wear and scratches.
(2) Store the sheet at room temperature and in a ventilated environment. Do not store the acrylic mirror sheet in a place with high temperature, humidity and direct sunlight.
(3) Vertical storage: If the sheets are stacked and stored, care must be taken to prevent warping. When the plate is placed vertically, the angle of inclination shall not exceed 10 degrees. A frame made of plywood can be used as a support.
(4) Horizontal storage: When laying the acrylic mirror flat, care must be taken to avoid warping, slipping and scratching of the sheet. If you want to store sheets of the same size together, place the largest sheet at the bottom and the smallest at the top. This prevents the sheets from slipping during shipping and when the packaging is damaged, debris or dirt can be deposited between the sheets, reducing the risk of scratching. Stretch film in pallet packaging that protects the sheet from dust and moisture and remains intact during storage.
2. The use of acrylic mirror precautions
(1) The thermal deformation temperature of ordinary acrylic sheets is about 100°C, and the continuous use temperature should not be higher than 85°C.
(2) Acrylic sheets are prone to static electricity and attract dust. When cleaning, wipe it with a soft cotton cloth dipped in 1% soapy water.
(3) The surface hardness of the acrylic sheet is equivalent to that of aluminum, and care should be taken to avoid scratches on the surface during use or processing. If scratched, the original glossy surface can be restored by polishing.