The choice of soldering iron head is very important, it not only affects the welding effect and welding nozzle life, but more importantly, it will play a greater value according to the package form of different chips.
The following factors are mainly considered when choosing a soldering iron head:
1) Select the size of the soldering iron head according to the size of the solder joint and the density of the solder joint;
2) Select the shape of the soldering iron head according to the type of welding components, the ease of contact of the solder joint and the size of the tin quantity.
1. Tip (long garden head) welding tip: the tip is fine, suitable for fine welding, or the welding space is narrow, and can also correct the tin bridge generated when welding the chip.
2. conical (round head) welding tip: non-directional, the entire front end of the soldering iron head can be welded, suitable for general welding, regardless of the size of the solder joint, can be used.
3. one-word batch shape (chisel) welding nozzle: welding on both sides, suitable for welding requiring a large amount of tin, such as welding area, rough terminals, welding pad large welding environment.
4, knife (K shape) welding tip: welding with the knife face, suitable for drag welding, suitable for SOJ, PLCC, SOP, QFP, power supply, grounding components, modified tin bridge, connector welding.
5. oblique cylindrical (horseshoe) welding nozzle: with the front inclined part of the soldering iron head (generally 45°) for welding, suitable for the need for more tin welding. Some soldering iron heads only have a tin coating on the bevel part, and only the bevel part is tinned when welding. It is suitable for large welding area, coarse terminals and large solder joints. The micro soldering iron head is very fine, suitable for welding small components, or to correct the tin bridge, tin column, etc., produced during surface welding. If only a small amount of solder is needed for welding, it is more suitable to use a soldering iron tip with tin plating only on the bevel. Medium diameter soldering iron head is suitable for welding resistors, diodes and other components, SOP and QFP chips with large pin distance. The large diameter soldering iron head is suitable for welding occasions where large terminals, grounding on circuit boards, and power supply parts require large heat.
6. H-type (duck-shaped) welding tip: applicable to SOP, QFP and other chips with large distance between pull welding pins.